CashBet is committed to endorsing responsible wagering as well as promoting the awareness of problem gambling and improving prevention, intervention and treatment. CashBet’s Responsible Gambling Policy sets out our commitment to minimizing the negative effects of problem gambling and to promoting responsible gambling practices.
We believe it is our responsibility to you, our customers, to ensure that you enjoy your wagering experience on our platform, while ensuring that you are fully aware of the social and financial problems which can be associated with problem gambling.
In order to assist players in gambling responsibly, we ensure that all our staff receive responsible gambling awareness training and we have provided the following information and features on our site.
– Customer driven deposit, transfer and loss limits
– Game Session Timers
– Time-out and Self-exclusion tools
– Links to Gambling Therapy and other help organizations
– Self help and awareness information
– Information and tools to protect underage access
Functionality is available to set Daily, Weekly, and Monthly Deposit Limits. These can be set up after you have created an account and have logged in for the first time. If you would like to update your responsible gaming settings, this may be done by clicking the CashBet button in your game. In the CashBet dialog that is displayed click Responsible Gaming. The next dialog will allow you to set your limit on deposits or exclude from play for six months or five years. Any requests to increase or remove any previously set deposit limits are subject to a 24 hour “cooling off” period. Deposit limit increases will not take effect until at least 24 hours have elapsed since the notice was received by CashBet.
If you require any further information or assistance regarding any of our Financial Limit functionalities, please contact our Helpdesk.
Functionality is available to view the amount of time you have spent gambling and to set reminders. By clicking on the CashBet button in your game and selecting “settings” you can select the length of time you wish to play before a reminder appears. When the reminder appears you may end your game session, extend it, or view your game play history. The reminder will also display the length of time for your current game session.
Should you need to take a break from gambling, we provide a self-exclusion facility which can be set from the CashBet Responsible Gaming screen, or can be set by our Helpdesk upon request.
CashBet also offers players a time-out setting with the following duration choices:
– 24 hours
– One week
– One month
– Other period as the customer may reasonably request, up to a maximum of six (6) weeks
Self-exclusion means that your account will be closed for a minimum period of six months or five years and will not be reactivated under any circumstances during the exclusion period (unlike a standard account closure request). During the self-exclusion period, a player will neither be allowed to gamble nor will he/she receive marketing materials from CashBet. When a player requests self-exclusion and his/her account is closed, the player’s funds will be returned. A telephone call with an authorized CashBet employee (after 6 months or five years has elapsed) is required before account re-opening can be considered.
We also recommend that consideration is given to the installation of software that will allow you to block access to internet gambling websites. Additional advice may be obtained from the Gamble Aware website.
Please contact the Helpdesk if you require any further information or assistance on self-exclusion or individual product restrictions.
If you are considering self-exclusion, you may wish to register with GAMSTOP.
GAMSTOP is a free service that enables you to self-exclude from all online gambling companies licensed in Great Britain.
To find out more and to sign up with GAMSTOP please visit www.gamstop.co.uk.
Whilst the majority of our customers gamble within their means for some it can be more difficult. In order to maintain control of your gambling habits we would like you to bear in mind the following points:
– Gambling should be done in moderation and undertaken as a form of leisure not as a genuine way of making money
– Avoid chasing losses
– Only gamble when you can cover the losses
– Keep track of the time and monitor the amount of money you spend
– If you need help, use the deposit and loss limits tools to help you control the amount you can spend. These can be accessed by clicking the CashBet button in the game and selecting Responsible Gaming or you can contact our Helpdesk for assistance.
– Should you need a break from gambling, self-exclusion can be accessed by clicking the CashBet button in the game and selecting Responsible Gaming or our Helpdesk will be able to assist you
If you are concerned that gambling has had a negative impact on your life or someone else’s then the following questions may help you find out.
– Does gambling prevent you from attending work or college?
– Do you gamble to pass time or to escape boredom?
– Do you gamble alone for long periods of time?
– Have others ever criticized you for your gambling?
– Have you lost interest in family, friends or hobbies due to gambling?
– Have you ever lied to cover up the amount of money or time you spend gambling?
– Have you lied, stolen or borrowed in order to maintain betting habits?
– Are you reluctant to spend “gambling money” on anything else?
– Do you gamble until you lose all your money?
– After losing, do you feel that you have to try and win back the losses as soon as possible?
– If you run out of money when gambling, do you feel lost and in despair and feel the need to gamble again as soon as possible?
– Do arguments, frustrations or disappointments make you want to gamble?
– Does gambling make you depressed or even suicidal?
– Gamblers Anonymous is a fellowship of men and women who have joined together to do something about their own gambling problem and help other compulsive gamblers do the same. There are regional fellowships around the world. The Gamblers Anonymous international service site is at www.gamblersanonymous.org.uk.
It is illegal for anyone under the age of 18 to open an account or to gamble on CashBet. CashBet takes its responsibilities in this regard very seriously. We carry out age verification checks on all customers who use payment mechanisms which are available to under 18 and additionally perform random age verification checks on customers using other forms of funding mechanisms.
PLEASE NOTE THAT ANYONE UNDER THE AGE OF 18 FOUND TO BE USING THIS SITE WILL HAVE ANY WINNINGS FORFEITED AND MAY ALSO BE REPORTED TO THE POLICE.
CashBet advises and encourages its customers to prevent minors from accessing gambling websites. Filtering solutions allow parents to regulate access to the Internet, based on chosen criteria. Parents can use filters to prevent their children from accessing, amongst other things, gambling websites.